Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Cape Coral during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Comfort Zone Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Comfort Zone Inc at 239-214-0411 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.