People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature as needed.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Comfort Zone Inc in Cape Coral at 239-214-0411. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.