If you want to stay cozy during the cooler months in Cape Coral, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already planned your yearly tune-up with Comfort Zone Inc, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its best performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t recommend this enough. It’s an easy way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if clutter has collected or plants have dominated the area.
- To make sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump start. If you don’t hear anything, read our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat advice or contact us directly.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to hear more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our professionals, call Comfort Zone Inc at [[phonenumber]] or set up an appointment online.