Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Cape Coral summer, have the professionals at Comfort Zone Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Comfort Zone Inc today at 239-214-0411.