Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Cape Coral is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Comfort Zone, LLC constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Comfort Zone, LLC in Cape Coral at 239-214-0411 today.