One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more essential. Winters in Cape Coral are erratic and the coldest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you call in a professional technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most universal causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a harder time traveling through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are designed to find clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can prevent these problems and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this important step, especially if there was a relevant rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can definitely be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the efficiency of your furnace before you set-up a call to your Cape Coral expert. If there are still issues after you have worked through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call Comfort Zone Inc in Cape Coral.