When it’s chilly in Cape Coral you rely on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming up. Yearly maintenance service from certified technicians can keep your system operating efficiently and find potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signs that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working the way it used to. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could point to a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump cools your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps reverse the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem endures, call a professional to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at Comfort Zone Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.