The changing weather in Cape Coral can mean a variety of things, from the changing seasons to turning off the switch of your air conditioner for the chilly months. Of course, total home comfort is your year-round goal, but sometimes our heating and cooling equipment doesn’t feel like helping us out. That doesn’t mean that you’re headed for AC repair though.
When your air conditioner quits working or you notice it behaving strangely, there are a couple things you can check on before calling in the pros at Comfort Zone Inc for AC repair. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to try before giving us a call.
1) Check your thermostat
This is one of the easiest checks that homeowners can do independently, and may solve the problem more than they’d like to admit. Ensure your thermostat is:
- Set to “cool”
- Set to be around room temperature
- Working with a newer battery
2) Look at the air conditioner filter
Dirty filters can cause air conditioners to act weirdly, making them shut down without notice and without making a sound. Air conditioner filters have been the cause for many AC repair calls in the past, but there’s no reason to pick up the phone when you can exchange it yourself. Not to mention that a dirty air conditioner filter decreases your system’s efficiency and inhibits airflow.
3) Find and inspect your air conditioner’s switches
Most of the time, switches to your air conditioner are found:
- Near the air conditioner itself and usually look like your regular light switch.
- At your circuit breaker panel. Identify the breaker that controls your air conditioner and find out if it is in the middle position or the Off position. If it is, cycle the breaker to Off and then switch it back to the On position.
4) Open all of your vents
A routine blunder among homeowners is to close vents in unoccupied rooms, but this could actually lead to a need for AC repair. Closing these vents may potentially cause your system to be less efficient and stop working because of added airflow pressure.
If you’ve completed these four troubleshooting tips and still aren’t having any luck getting your system back operating, it’s probably time to give us a call. The team at Comfort Zone Inc in Cape Coral are here to ensure all of your AC repair needs are met, so give us a call at 239-214-0411 to set up an appointment with us.