Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you experience a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner malfunction. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and abruptly realize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so toasty bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s fault; the settings can be running correctly, but it still says that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an old or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the experts to find out what’s wrong. There are many reasons why air conditioners break down, especially taking into consideration the weather in Cape Coral. Here are some things that you can examine for before you call Comfort Zone, LLC if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps move the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you examine your system and find that the fan isn’t functioning properly, it means that the heat movement isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This problem can also cause overheating of the compressor and other likely internal destruction to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most common troubles that Comfort Zone, LLC sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really difficult when allergy season comes around. Unclean air filters can also decrease the efficiency in your home and raise your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an barrier or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t hidden by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also deterred from exterior barriers close to your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can affect it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is free from obstacles and is cleaned regularly to reduce the chance of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve gone through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and additional checks that you should look into and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only go to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system function, call Comfort Zone, LLC at 239-214-0411.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner running again in no time. Our team at Comfort Zone, LLC in Cape Coral is always here to help – give us a call at 239-214-0411.